Visa Support for International Students

We provide support letters for 2 types of visa that international students are eligible to apply for:

  • Short-Term Study Visa: for courses up to 6 months 
  • Short-Term Study Visa: for courses up to 11 months

To check if you need a visa to study at ILS English, visit 

Short-Term Study Visa

On a Short-Term Study visa:

  • You cannot study for longer than 11 months (44 weeks)
  • You cannot bring any other members of your family to the UK with you
  • You cannot extend or change your course while you are in the UK
  • You cannot work or run a business 
  • Apply for or receive public funds

To obtain a Short-Term Study visa you must prove that:

  • You have been accepted onto a course from an approved place of study;
  • You can finance your stay while studying in the UK, or you will be supported by friends/family without the need for public funds;
  • You have made accommodation arrangements for your stay in the UK, or are staying with friends/family;
  • You can finance your journey home, or have already made travel arrangements.

Cost of a Short-Term Study visa:

  • 6 months: £97
  • 11 months: £186

You can apply for a short-term study visa up to 3 months from the start date of your course. You should receive a decision within 3 weeks of your application date. 

Further Information: