Visa Support for International Students
We provide support letters for 2 types of visa that international students are eligible to apply for:
- Short-Term Study Visa: for courses up to 6 months
- Short-Term Study Visa: for courses up to 11 months
To check if you need a visa to study at ILS English, visit https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Short-Term Study Visa
On a Short-Term Study visa:
- You cannot study for longer than 11 months (44 weeks)
- You cannot bring any other members of your family to the UK with you
- You cannot extend or change your course while you are in the UK
- You cannot work or run a business
- Apply for or receive public funds
To obtain a Short-Term Study visa you must prove that:
- You have been accepted onto a course from an approved place of study;
- You can finance your stay while studying in the UK, or you will be supported by friends/family without the need for public funds;
- You have made accommodation arrangements for your stay in the UK, or are staying with friends/family;
- You can finance your journey home, or have already made travel arrangements.
Cost of a Short-Term Study visa:
- 6 months: £97
- 11 months: £186
You can apply for a short-term study visa up to 3 months from the start date of your course. You should receive a decision within 3 weeks of your application date.
- For further information on visas please the UK Visas and Immigration page on Short-Term Study visas.
- Apply for your visa on the UK Visas and Immigration website.